Chocolate tart – Perfect as a Mother’s Day treat for your mum!
Here is our recipe for a delicious chocolate tart – super easy to make, just in time for Mothering Sunday…
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g melted butter
- 300ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar.
- 1 pinch of fine sea salt.
- 50 g unsalted butter , (at room temperature)
- 200 g dark chocolate, in small pieces , (70%)
- Line the bottom of a 23cm spring-form pan with greaseproof paper
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and smash them to smithereens with a rolling pin. Then turn out into a mixing bowl and combine with the melted butter. Then press carefully and firmly into the base of the pan making an even layer. Pop into the fridge for 5 mins to harden up.
- Now pour the cream into saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the 50g butter and 200g broken up dark chocolate, stirring constantly until everything is melted and smooth.
- Now gently pour the chocolate cream mix on top of the digestive crumb base, tap the side of the dish a couple of times to ensure a nice smooth layer and place in fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Once set the spring form pan can be opened. You may need to run a small knife round the edge of the pan to loosen the chocolate mix. Slice and serve with ice cream.
Coal Yard Kitchen
Unit 5, The Old Coal Yard, Godalming GU8 4DR